Sunday, 18 March 2012

Here I go !

I have returned from my vacation with renewed energy to fight my battle of the bulge.  I have lost 40lbs over the past year..well probably closer to 80lbs when I looked at all the pounds I lost, regained, lost regained and lost again.  It has been discouraging since the Christmas season.  I have lost and regained the same 10lbs 3, yes 3 times.  Time is running out, my son's wedding is in 8 weeks and I am determined to lose at least 10-15lbs before the wedding.  I just bought the material for my dress (OMG..I never lie to my husband, but I honestly could NOT tell him that I spent $300.00 on the material alone!!! I only spent $200.00 for my wedding dress, veil and shoes!!!).  I have done well this week, I have almost (2lbs to go) lost all the weight that I gained on my 2 week cruise. I am back on my routine, eating plan and exercise plan (walked a brisk 4 kms with my daughter today).  What I have to do is get to bed earlier at night.  I have read numerous articles about how important it is to get plenty of sleep (at least 7 hrs) each night and yet I find myself reading or on the computer to 1 or 2 am (or later!) and then up early in the am.
  Tonight was family dinner night..my hubby's favourite night! All the kids and significant others as well as my m-i-l come for dinner.  I was very proud of my eating..I planned it out in advance and all went well...no scarfing back food that I shouldn't eat.  I even allowed myself a small sample of dessert, and felt satisfied after a few bites and did not finish it all..a first for me!
   I am on the WW program, and I have decided to do  things a bit differently this time around.  I promise that I will not beat myself up for small (or big) slips.  The most important thing is to get right back on the program.  Previously when I had a small slip, I would flail myself to the point where I would totally freefall from the program  and make things worse.  I am going to try to be gentler on myself and see if this makes the road easier to follow.  I must give mysef credit for keeping the 40lbs off (I still have a long way to go!!).  Previously one of the freefalls would be never ending and all my lost weight would find it's way back to my hips, abdomen, thighs, etc.  I have also been consistent with my exercise program, so kudos to me!
Now off to bed to grab some zzzzzzzs!

No comments:

Post a Comment